Fall into these Cleaning Habits
Here at Chase Products, we focus on clean! Cleanliness is an important component to our well-being, and we continue to develop and manufacture products to help with cleaning and sanitation in the home or workplace. Before we head into the busy holiday season, fall is a great time to do some basic cleaning. Here are a few suggestions:
Clean the inside of your car
- Before winter arrives and you start bringing snow and slush into your car, it’s a good idea to clean it thoroughly. While the weather is still warm enough to work outside comfortably, dust your car’s dashboard and console, clean the windows inside and out, and vacuum and clean the floor. You’ve been dragging more dirt into your car than you’d realize!
Clean the inside of the oven
- While you clean your oven, make sure to open your windows to circulate fresh air into your home. Take advantage of the above-freezing temperatures and do this now before holiday baking season begins.
Clean the stove
- Why take care of the oven and not clean the stove? Everyday oil and food spills can accumulate on the surfaces of your cooktop. Cut the grease and give your stove a fresh clean start.
Clean the garage
- It’s a good idea to make room for your snow blower and shovels before the first snow. Get rid of anything you haven’t used in a year and clear some floor space. While you’re at it, clean up any grease or stains on the garage floor. No sense dragging those into your house by accident.
Clean your carpets
- Unless your carpets are brand spanking new, they’re full of dirt and dust. Do some spot cleaning of high-traffic areas and vacuum thoroughly, remembering to check behind and underneath furniture. For the most thorough job, get your carpets professionally cleaned.
Clean your windows
- Clean the inside and outside of your windows before it gets too cold. Most likely the majority of dirt and grime you see on your window is located on the outside of the house.
Clean your storm doors
- If you need to replace your screen doors with storm doors, now’s a good time to do it. While you are installing them, clean both the inside and outside panes.
Clean your chimney
- Get your chimney cleaned if you plan to use it this winter. Most chimney fires are caused by a lack of proper maintenance. Call a professional to get your chimney inspected and cleaned. Clean your mantel as well. If you have a stone fireplace, consider a stone cleaner to clean soot and dirt off the stone.
Clean your walls
- We don’t often think about it, but walls can get very dirty. Dust or wipe them down to freshen up your surroundings for the next few months. Since you’ll be spending more time indoors, it’s a good idea to make your home as clean as possible.
Clean your wood floors
- We all know that regular cleaning of floors is a good idea. Dust and dirt accumulate quickly, and sand, salt or grit can scratch wood floors. While you clean your floors, check for loose or squeaky floorboards and tend to those that need it. A little maintenance now can prevent problems later.
A thorough cleaning can make your home more comfortable and hospitable. Chase Products has created many products to help with the process, including cleaners for glass, stainless steel, stone countertops, ovens and carpets as well as all-purpose cleaners and disinfectants.